Tuesday, January 1, 2013

52 New Things -- Week 1 -- Coffee

First up -- drink coffee!!

This week seemed like a good time to knock this one off the list since we were in Waverly at the same time as one of Kevin's oldest friends, a guy who just happens to own a fancy coffee machine thingie.  He ground the beans and pressed the grinds and I don't know what all.  There was even some steaming of milk involved.  It looked complicated.  The end result was this:

Fancy, huh?  Luke could quit his job as a tenured professor and become a barista.  The pay's probably comparable, right?

He and his wife Kjellrun watched me nervously sniff at it before taking a tentative first sip.  Here's my "Yes, it's beautiful but it's still coffee" face as I go for this first sip:

 
I'd like to say it changed my life and I will join the ranks of adults everywhere who love coffee, but . . . no.  I gave it a good effort.  I'd say I had ten swallows.  That's trying, right?

My sister-in-law really wanted me to try again, so she gave me some "doctored" coffee -- flavored coffee PLUS about fifteen shots of flavored cream.  Yeah, it wasn't as strong, but I could still taste the coffee.

I'll stick with the kids and drink orange juice for breakfast.


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. Not a coffee girl either :-). Way to be open to trying it!

    ReplyDelete